who the hell would vote 0?

well sure this song is weird and discoish, but it's very well produced, and the sax is right on. It is kinda repetitive though...

First Blink First Blink

lovely

mmmm. you've clearly got some guitar talents there. or not, i don't really know anything about guitar. anyways, i really like this song. It sounds like a lot of stuff they have on the very very small label, arable records. The (appropriate) low key production adds a nice effect, though i think the song could have been a bit longer.

Antarctica Antarctica

perty nice.

This sounds kinda like something monolake would do, like the song north. Anyways, I like all your instrument choices, and the parts they play, very well composed. Try to add some more diversity with the drums. Also, on the opening synth riff, it sounds kind of weird how the echo. doesn't carry over from one chord to the next. either way, 5/5.

Sheep 87 Sheep 87

very good

Like Lullatone on steroids. Iike the whole sleepytime atmosphere, what with the minimalist zylophones and low, droning synth. The drums may be the best part of this, like something from aphex twin. I downloaded it, which i don't do often.

Jimpay responds:

Hey man, thanks for the review, interesting that you bring up AFX, he's recently been my most listened to artist, and to sort of have other acknowledge his influence is rather neat.

Do What You Can Do What You Can

good, but short.

I like this loop. it's very homey and cozy. I could see this kind of loop very easily in a four tet song (which is a huge compliment). With some cricket sounds and maybe a deep, blanketing synth, this could be an excellent campfire ambience track.

A|_Ph@ A|_Ph@

good!

This song is a fun little tune. I like the strings in the beginning, and the beats. It's not exactly drum'n'bass, but its still good. The synths are all good, but it could use a melody to pull the whole thing together, since its all sort of incoherent.

Crashing Machines Crashing Machines

pretty chill

Hmmm... This reminds of something from extremely earlier autechre. There's lots of cool echoey, creaturelike drums, that add a dancable effect, but the beepy melodies are enough musicality to last and overall great atmosphere and song.

Astrono responds:

Thanks for the review and the vote :D
Yes, i listened to Autechre, Aphex Twin and some other musicians with really strange and cool music a lot of times.

I will listen to some of your songs ;)

Dewy Embers Dewy Embers

wow!

this song is fairly amazing by any standards, not just NG. I like the little voice snippets and the soft drums in the background, the nice open feel the soft keyboard improv provides, and the the ooohing vocals. It all comes together to form something pretty amazing and well produced. This is certainly ambient; i can picture myself sitting in a huge place at night, with rolling fields and swarming frienldly insects and a bright fire.

Gillenium responds:

Thanks a lot. I'm glad this one finally got a review, because I was pretty proud of it. Since switching over to Ableton Live and my new midi controller, I'd say this is the best song I've done. Keeping it simple seems to work the best.

SR - Softened Gaze v2 SR - Softened Gaze v2

delicious

This song is very cool in that it starts off very slowly with some enoesque drones and sparkly synths, slowly forming chords, but once the fast little drums come in, a greater compositional plan is revealed, and a nice, though simple melody. ISAN, thats who this reminds me of. Its just the same style and pace as the song cinnabar. very well produced and well written and very relaxing.

SineRider responds:

Thanks for the review man. I just realized I forgot to fix up the drums around the beginning, but I 'spose its all good.

I'll get to your stuff eventually ;)

SexuallyTransmittedInteligence SexuallyTransmittedInteligence

orgasmic

i absolutely love this song. This could easily be on any aphex twin or squarepusher albulm. the jazz chords and breakbeats are amazingly constructed, The synthesizers and other sounds all add to create an amazing atmosphere, which happens to just suit me. And to think i was losing faith in newgrounds!

T7online responds:

Thank you for your feedback! I'm listening to your new tracks right now!